Dolly can be too keen


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Enthusiasm
On the down: Carelessness

Sometimes there is such a thing as being too keen!

Lovely Daphne from The Star invited me to a Poetry Slam thing and I was so excited and keeeeeeen and psyched to go that I even ditched a dinner-with-the-girls early to drive allllllllllll the way into town to The Loft @ Zouk to go.

I was mighty mighty pleased with myself. I even paid the daylight robbery charge of RM20 to get my car valet parked so I don't have to park at that uber dodgy carpark across the road and risk my life crossing Jalan Ampang.

Then.

I found out that
The
Loft
Was
Closed
Today

There was nobody there and it looked way too mightly empty at Zouk for a Wednesday night.

I stomped back to my car, just as the dude was parking in a prime spot right in front. I wanted my RM20 back since I was going now and didn't actually park the car. But no, cannot. So all those dudes get damn good RM20 kopi money from me for driving my car once around the tiny shrub of plants.

But heck, I made all the effort already so I figured I may as well make the most of being in town. It was either that, or back to staring at KMP's conference room wall. So I trolleyed my way down to Palate Palette and finished my press kit there.

I ALSO checked the Facebook event page to see what the hell was up with this non-existent Poetry Slam. And discovered that it was for 26 APRIL. *smack*

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom