Springcleaning Dolly's room


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Spring cleaning
On the down: Accumulating crap


I tried to look for my thumb drive yesterday (damn things are so small – how not to lose!) and ended up doing a huge spring clean of my whole room.

It turns out I sure got a lot of crap.

And apparently, a girl CAN have too many handbags (even pink ones). Binned it all out to a garage sale.

Now the next mammoth task is sorting out the immense number of CDs and books, all quietly stuffed away in a cupboard which I deliberately couldn’t see.

Damnit it’s time I practice some of that nice Buddhist detachment thing and get rid of crap. So I opened the cupboard and gawked.

Have chucked out half my CDs and am totally shocked at my terrible taste in music over the years. Among the forever-discarded:
Ace of Base
Roxette
Celine Dion
Laura Pausini
Spice Girls
Snow
Warren G
And LOTS of real bad indie music

(And I’m admitting this to you?! Readership sure drop after this.)
Then again, also found heaps of cool stuff:
Tacky Disney soundtracks (Singalongs are never out of fashion)
An old Megahits album from when I was 10.
A dance album from 1997
Vintage Gershwin (sung by the old-timers)

Some of them I was undecided about so played a few back and realised that I'm getting real old. All that loud shouty Aerosmith-type stuff and angsty Radiohead just has to go now that I'm not 14 anymore.

Next up: books.

And that's gonna be blardy hard cos I'm a lit student and every book means a relationship. So many breakups all at once - have to really tahan and just give away. *cry*

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom