Freelancing Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: A freelancer's life
On the down: Inconsistency

Okay, so freelancing is fabulous because you can decide to fuck off in the middle of the week and go hang out with your friends.

Shantini is leaving KL for 6 months so I'm shelving all work obligations aside and spending the last week doing silly things with her to make the most of it.

Today we stuffed our faces with momos and then headed off to get our nails done.

I decided to do double colours on my fingernails again.

"What do you think?" I asked Shan, pointing out two pink shades, one really light and one really fushcia.

"Don't you think it's a bit too lollipop?"

I stared at her. Like, d'uh.

"Oh yah, it's you, I forgot. Of course. Yah okay, go for it."

Lollipop fingers and toes.

Halfway through the manicure, I get an SMS from Joe telling me I'm getting paid for work and he's wondering who to write the cheque out to. Yay!

That's the other good thing about freelancing - money never comes in regularly like it does for 9-5ers but when it does come it's a big fat happy surprise. Today I let myself live under a sort of illusion that I "wasn't doing any work" and still got paid! (Yah, yah I'm only kidding myself).

*plop* A cheque.

Joe also thinks I'm editing two books at the moment so I thought I'd better never mention that I'm painting my nails two colours otherwise I may never get the cheque. So err..... "Don't tell Joe!"

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom