Dolly thinks about ugliness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Beautiful people
On the down: Ugly people?

I interviewed a real nice interior design guy the other day who said he didn't think there was such as thing as ugly people. "There are only lazy people," he said.

I don't agree.

Sometimes you see people and you think to yourself, "There is just no way you could do anything other than invasive drastic surgery to make that person look beautiful."

Shantini was being diplomatic and lovely as usual when I asked her what she thought. She said, "No. I think everyone can be beautiful. Sometimes all you need is just good makeup and styling."

Then again, Shantini is an Oprah Winfrey girl and believes in the positive, fabulous potential of everybody. These nice people make me sick lah I tell you!

Just then this err... not so nice looking person came into the restaurant. I said, "Okay what about her? She's ugly! What can you do about her?"

Shantini actually thought about it and came up with a few tips for her.

I was like no way. It still won't work.

I asked Bibi the same question that same day. "Do you think there are ugly people, or just lazy people?"

He said, "There are ugly people." The end.

Then I asked A what he thought.

"Of course there are ugly people. What are you talking about, man?!" That was the end of the discussion. It was like I had asked him if the sun rose in the north. Like d'uh! Of course there are ugly people.

Bibi explained it with karma. That actually, the separate things that make up a face are just eyes, ears, a nose, a mouth... what makes one person have a better "combination" or look more beautiful than anyone else? Karma karma karma! In other words, big fat bad luck.

So errr... Dear Buddha, here are some nice flowers for you. In exchannge, can I have some nice karma to be booootiful next lifetime? Thank you. Amen.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom