Dolly metamorphosis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Change
On the down: Being stuck in a time warp


Because I *ahem* seem to have so much free time to procrastinate in between working (“Don’t tell Joe!”), I go on Friendster sometimes to look at photos of old school friends and try to shock myself at how different some of them look.

Actually, no. I LOOK for shock factor but actually almost all of them look exactly the same…

…which I find incredibly weird. How is it that someone I knew 12 years ago looks exactly the same now as they did then?! It’s like their bodies set themselves into a mould by age 12 and nothing ever changed ever again.

There are some people I’ve known since I was 7 and they really really really still look exactly the same. Now, 18 years later, they’re just a bit taller, grew boobies and changed their glasses. But otherwise, same hair, same way of smiling, same everything.

It’s just too weird *freaks* Looking at Friendster feels like I’m in a time warp where everyone else is the same and I’m the only person who changed. Ever.

I ask myself, “Don’t they get bored looking eternally the same? Don’t they even want to like, try a new hair style?!”

Okay wait. I explain.

I find it all so weird because I have seen how I myself have changed so much since only last year and find that concept of Never Changing in 18 years incredibly strange. (It’s disturbing!)

Okay to prove a point of why I think non-change is such a bizarre alien concept, here is a photo timeline of the metamorphosis of a Dolly in the past 12 years. (God I can't believe I'm going to post such ugly pictures...)












Okay, so in case you haven't already guessed, this was just an excuse for me to post pictures of myself. I am so turning into Xiaxue aren't I?

Then again, the ugly pictures are hardly what you call being vain.

Anyway, not that I think I am totally supermodel or anything, but I think the sheer change from totally fugly aged12 to 76kg-aged17 to now merits some goddamn applause.

And of course, proves that point about change and how I find it so weird that within that same time frame, other people I've known have remained as untransformed as the old relics you find in Greece.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom