Late nights with a Rinpoche


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Late nights
On the down: A temperamental body clock

I spent last Saturday night in Rinpoche's living room. We're there for work, doing extensive interviews about his life story for a biography I'm going to write (it's going to be a mega fabulous book and if you don't buy a copy of it for everyone you know I will stab you in the eye with my stilettos).

Anyway, when it's with Rinpoche doing work also pretty much means entertainment for 12 hours. Literally. We started at 6pm and ended at 6.30am.

Joe and Seng Piow looked ready to pass out on the pakai flooring.

Susan was falling asleep into her notebook.

I was starting to feel quite disgusting for not having had a shower in ages.

But it was fun :D

At the beginning of the evening, Rinpoche showed us this photo of himself.




Or something that looks like this lah. He was sorting through pics needed for the book.

He's like, "What do you think? Do you like it?"

Everyone was like well yah, of course!

He's asked why.

There was a big fat pause while everyone thought of something clever and flattering to say.

"Well, cos you look hot!" I blurted out because I can't stand silence. Like d'uh, I thought, it IS a hot photo. (Imagine saying that to your Guru, geez).

"Yes okay but apart from that?! Can you think of something intelligent to say and can you think with something other than your juices?!"

I was very aware that I'm in the same room as Seng Piow who I always feel extra daft around. I felt real stupid, but that's nothing really new is it.

Later, we were talking about David.

"I won't tell you how many times Paris* tried to bed David!!!!"

*horrified* (Remember, Seng Piow is still there). Everyone has that "OMG She's so flighty WHAT is she doing here?" look on their face.

"You know, I asked her in the beginning why she liked coming to the centre. She said, "Cos there are cute boys!"

*horrified*

"You know, you're totally rude, obnoxious, vain, loud ________ (insert many other obnoxious sounding adjectives) BUT AT LEAST YOU'RE HONEST."

This must be some sort of clever ploy to convince the entire male population of the Dharma centre that I am a flake so they won't let me get near any of them. I think it's working. (And anyway, just for the record - I'm only looking what!).

Then tonight I watched this thing on Oprah Winfrey where she interviews Pink and a whole bunch of people about Stupid Girls....

....and I really think it's about time to smarten up a bit.

*Rinpoche's nickname for me. Long story which I can't be bothered to explain now.

Labels:

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom