Writerly Dolly (or trying to be)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Good writing
On the down: Half-arsed writers

Okay, I have a new very secret, highly advanced tantric practice. If I manage to attain this practice, I WILL BE ENLIGHTENED and get a lotus all to myself.

And that is? Dealing with really half-arsed, lazy writers who seem far more passionate about picking their noses than about their writing.

It is an incessant, non-stop, tiresome, exhausting uphill struggle trying to get them to write properly.

I'm not talking about eloquent, stunning thesis to change the course of writing forever! I'm talking about just writing like you care about the subject you're writing about and you care about your poor dear reader who has to read your badly written article that's full of grammatical and spelling errors.

I'm also not talking about a cheap ass blog, where it doesn't matter if anyone reads it or not. This is Dharma writing, which brings spirituality out to people and could potentially inspire them onwards to find their own spiritual path, and HAPPINESS!

In the long run, you're meddling with people's happiness! And they still don't care enough to do a spell check or write as if they were actually at the event.

I've run writing workshops.
Sharon and I have edited their writing down to the minutest detail and sent it back to them to study.
We've sat down with them and gone through their work to point out what they need to improve or change.

And yet?

Still the same old drivel coming through.

Then leh, people are telling me, "Eh you know ar, your writeups need to have more Dharma explanations in it. And it should be more personal you know. Tell your writers lah!"

At which point, I just look at them and *blink blink*

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom