Absent Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Being in the present
On the down: Monkey minds

Oh dear, another long day of irresponsible towards my blog.

(This is only funny when said like Julie - here - which throws up many disturbed discussions about the phenomenon of masking and zentai and all manner of weird things... but okay, for now, Julie is KMP's new mascot and I've been going around all day, every day saying, "Oh dear!" because it just doesn't stop being funny).

Finally, the madness abates, somewhat, and there is time to just sit and work and write. Right now, I'm dreading looking at the list of things to be done. If I choose to live in blissful ignorance, then the list is manageable enough so we shall keep it that way. Somehow, some way, I manage to get things done, and that's all that's important.

AND OH! Dolly made it onto television on NTV 7's breakfast show wheeeeee! Video shall go up shortly when we get it sorted out into a nice and easy, clickable format (right now it's on an old beat up VHS tape)

Right now, am writing an art article that I know absolutely nothing about - all about the techniques of painting and all that, which I know about as much of as a monkey would about post-modern theories. Luckily for me, I have thumbs though, so I can type something vaguely coherent and make it look like I know something about something.

Usually, that works too - recently people have been sending me nice SMSes to tell me how "well I wrote" an art article about some exhibition or other going on in their galleries. I feel like asking them if they actually understand what I wrote, because I sure as hell don't.

But well, we shan't complain. It brings in money and there are Tsongkhapas to pay for and butterlamps to sponsor - so for the sake of ALLLL sentient beings throughout space and all 10 directions, I shall continue pretending I am intellectual, an excellent writer and extremely well-versed in the arts. (no, stop it! it's not lying!)

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom