Anal Retentive Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Grammar
On the down: Bad grammar!!!!

I don't think I know anyone else as anally retentive about grammar as I am.

Yesterday, I was chucking a wobble at someone over MSN about bad, sloppy work (again). I was getting so wound up and irritated that I finally said, "I don't want to talk to you anymore. Goodbye."

I left to go celebrate Joe's birthday (chocolate birthday cake is a much happier way of dealing with the stresses of incompetent staff).

When I came back a few hours later, there was a reply, which said, "So do I" which made me irritated all over again.

"So do I", complete with all its immaturity and rudeness of talking is bad enough. But I think what really got my goat was the horrible, incorrect phrasing of "So do I" (when really it should have been "Neither do I"). I think that irritated me more than all the sloppy work, the irresponsibility, the carelessness and the rudeness put together.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom