Birthday Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Birthdays!
On the down: Getting older and older and older...

There are birthday pictures! Lots of them! Go seeeeeee

I would post them up here, but I can't be bothered. I'm all photo-ed out after all this marathon blogging.

Suffice to say it was absolutely Lo-ver-ly. So many of my favourite people couldn't come because of an urgent last-minute meeting and many others got struck down by evil head colds, but it turned out okay anyway - it meant I had more time to spend with the people who were there.

Damnit, I was ill too but I muddled through it with the aid of my pink antibiotics and lots of tea (drinking old lady tea on your birthday - how wild and exciting).

Eric Choong made me a Most Enormous Skirt which took up like the Whole Sofa everytime I sat down, but heck, I can get away with it because I think I'm obnoxious enough. And Mei Ann and Reta even bought me a fluffy tiara to go with it (even though they didn't even know what I'd be wearing - those girls just know me way too well. Thanks darlings, I loved it! muaks!)

And then because I was so excited about everything and kept talking all night, I lost my voice... And still haven't got it back, two weeks later. But oh well, it was worth it for the loveliness of the whole party night :)

When I was planning the party, I suddenly realised that hey, I do actually know heaps of people after all! This was the first time since I'd come back from England 4 years ago, that I've had all my friends from all different parts of my life come together in the same place - oooh it made me feel rather popular!

And hell that's what birthday parties should be about right? Attention seeking, feeling adored and being the biggest spoilt princessy bitch you could possibly be for a few hours hah!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom