Runaround Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: Having friends visit
On the down: Improper hosting etiquette


I've realised that there are actually people reading my blog. I mean, not as many as like xiaxue or whatever, but hey, some is better than none. *happy*

While out at The Attic last night, I met a million people who all asked why Dollyblog had gone so quiet.

a) I've been very busy
b) I've been very busy
c) I've been very busy

And also, I have a fabulous friend from uni here to visit and I've been trying to do the nice good thing of playing congenial host.

Unfortunately, Sarah is like very intelligent and culturally aware of things and the only things I know about KL are:
where to eat
where to drink
where to shop

And because I've been having meetings all week that she's here (okay, so another reason to quit that vacuous job), I've had to just sort of leave her at shopping malls every day. I think she's about ready to throw up if I show her another shop.

The other thing is that I haven't got a bloody clue about What Tourists Do Here. I know like, er,
Petaling Street
the twin towers
Batu Caves

and that's about it

AND THEN SOME MORE, all the nice eating places I've taken Sarah too haven't been nice at all.

LIKE:
I wanted to take her out to eat Indian food but the only good place is Passage to India and the nice weather gods decided to flood the whole city so that idea was out. We went to another place that Indian people had recommended to me. If Indian people eat there, then must be quite good lah, right? NoNo. I swear I made nicer curry myself using the stuff you get in jars.

Then I took her to La Bodega to have dessert which is always so HORRENDOUSLY GOOOOOOD. We had a chocolate cake that was so hard you could bounce it against the wall. Warm chocolate fudge cake my foot.

I wanted to go with her to Palate Palette, but the night we went, it was closed for some filming rubbish they were doing there.

So we went to Asian Heritage Row - and discovered that half the bloody was closed down because it had flooded!

And that tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny little patriotic part of me is starting to panic thinking that Sarah is gonna have with a horrid impression of M'sia. Boo.

I'm trying lah, Pak Lah, I really am!

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom