Mandala Dolly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On the up: RM3000 cake
On the down: Low-budget birthday cake

It was Joe's birthday today and will be SP's next week so we threw them a little surprise pot luck party at Sharon's Very Prettily Newly Redecorated House. (So posh and lo-ve-leee!). We even had a Rice theme, since Joe and SP are so very er, Rice. Which meant that the everything in the pot luck had to be Things You Eat With Rice.
Sharon and I had a Very Brilliant Idea of getting Just Heavenly to make a cake in the shape of a mandala, complete with the trimmings and little M&Ms for the jewels. We thought, "How novel! How beautiful! How apt for two people who are almost Buddhas themselves."
That is until we discovered that it would cost us RM3000 to make. Allen and Nigel make mean cake that look as amazing as they taste and we love Joe and SP but but but really not quite enough to want to shell out RM3000.
So.
Pooh Bear came up with the idea of ciplaking the mandala idea and making it our own, with pastel coloured cupcakes. Seeee!
(And the candles spell out "Happy Birthday" - overly tacky is always good)
I tried to be clever about my cupcakes and piped Tibetan words all over them, like DHI, and OM and TAM and BAM, so that when you ate one, it's like you were swallowing enlightened words. Ok heck, I'll try any short cut to Enlightenment.
Hmmmmmmmm, then I found out at the party that Joe reads this blog.
I said, "You read my blog?!" all incredulous and *shame*
He's like, "Yah, sometimes. I got to know what my writers are up to and what they're thinking."
Like, yeah, right. I ain't that dumb! Good thing never bitch about him here man, whew.
Bad thing though, is that now Joe knows all about how much time I spend on Dollyblog instead of on the KMP work I should be doing... which makes me feel very paranoid and self conscious and guilty.
How is it that Joe makes people feel guilty about not doing work without even saying one nasty word?! Instead, he just smiles at you and you feel EVIL!
Anyway, happy birthday schmoe. I promise I'll work harder now, if only to stop your early onset of ageing and panic attacks.

|

Previous posts

Back tracking...

Dolly also writes for...

Dolly reads...

Write to...

  • dollyblogATyahooDOTcom